- November 19th -- November 28, 2023.
Tantur Ecumenical Institute offers, on an individual basis, an eight-day, silent, preached retreat (with opportunity for private conversations with a director) based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. This retreat allows you an opportunity to pray in silence and meditate within the physical context of the Holy Land. During periods of private reflection and prayer, you can make use of Tantur’s garden and surrounding olive groves. You will also have time for personal journeys to local pilgrimage sites and Christian places of worship within the Jerusalem-Bethlehem area.
If interested, please send to our Program Office a letter of introduction.
Program fees include your room, all meals, and retreat stipend. There is no price reduction for missed meals, although simple packed lunches/dinners can be requested ahead of time. .
Please note all prices are in US Dollars (USD).
- Single room (with private bathroom) at Tantur: $1,675.00
- Non-Residential Retreatants: $600.00
The first and last days of this retreat program are meant to be travel days for arrivals or departures. If you wish to arrive earlier or depart later than these transitional days, you may do so, space permitting, for an additional per-day fee. If you wish to extend your stay before and/or after your retreat, please contact Program Director, Nizar Halloun as soon as possible after acceptance to the retreat program.
Local travel during the retreat is at your own expense; therefore retreat participants should budget for these opportunities and other personal expenses accordingly. Each participant should also have adequate medical insurance during their stay.
Payment is due prior to arrival for a program. Further payment details will be sent to you when we have received your application.
Payment options are as follows:
- Credit Cards: Visa and Mastercard (American Express and Diners Club are not accepted)
- Wire transfers: payment should be made to the University of Notre Dame and clearly indicate the name and/or organization of the sending party for tracking and accounting purposes. Do not address the wire transfer to Tantur Ecumenical Institute. Payment will normally take 5 to 10 working days. Transfer fees are the responsibility of the party issuing payment.
Please note: we do not accept payments by cash or check.
There is no deadline for applications, but we encourage you to apply as early as possible given limitation on accommodations.
*A special note on visas: depending on your citizenship, you may need an advance Israeli visa to travel to Jerusalem. Please apply at least 90 days prior to the start of the program as this process can be lengthy, especially in late summer or early fall. For information on applying for a visa, please check with the Israeli embassy or consulate in your country of citizenship.