- September 5th – November 30th, 2022
The Three-Month program enables the participants the time needed for a more in-depth study of the various topics mentioned in the Tantur Experience as more classroom time is given to each topic.
Various other relevant topics are included both in a classroom setting and after-dinner talks. Additional field trips to Christian villages in the West Bank, the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem are arranged. Participants on this program are often invited to a Shabbat meal with a Jewish family following the Synagogue service.
Towards the end of the course there is a free week (no lectures or trips organized) to allow participants to revisit favorite sites, arrange their own trips, or stay at Tantur for day-trips or rest and relaxation. Most weeks have a Reading Day when no lectures or trips are scheduled. These, with the free week, are an established and valued feature of this longer course. They allow time to follow one’s own interest through reading, prayer, and/or visiting sites not included in the program.
Please note: exciting new Educational Enrichment modules have been added to the Three-Month Program that will provide a whole new learning experience for approximately a third of the program.
Click here to view the Three Month Sample Itinerary.
**Please keep in mind that this year’s offerings may be adjusted according to Covid restrictions, quarantine, and group size limitations.**
Program fees include your room, all meals (including on overnight trips), all lectures and excursions, and all program related tips. There is no price reduction for missed meals, although simple packed lunches/dinners can be made in such cases.
2022 program fees
Please note all prices are in US Dollars (USD)
- Single Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur & Single Room on trips $14,781
- Single Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur & Shared room on Trips $14,369
- Single Room with shared facilities (bathroom shared with adjacent and connecting room) at Tantur & Single on trips $13,287
- Single Room with shared facilities (bathroom shared with adjacent and connecting room) & Shared on trip $12,854
- Couple or Roommates Registering Together, Double OR Twin Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur and on Trips $11,897 each
Apartments are non available for CEP Participants.
The first and last days of this program are meant to be travel days for arrivals or departures. If you wish to arrive earlier or depart later than these transitional days, you may do so, space permitting, for an additional per-day fee. Our Reservations Office will endeavor to keep visitors in the same room throughout their stay. If you wish to extend your stay before and/or after your program, please contact Program Director, Nizar Halloun as soon as possible after acceptance to the program.
You will have some free time to explore the region at your own cost. Please budget for these opportunities and other personal expenses accordingly. Each participant should also have adequate medical insurance during their stay.
Accommodation on Overnight Trips
Please note that the price of programs is based on a shared room basis (two to a room) on overnight trips away from Tantur. Those who would prefer a private room, may request one at additional cost. These spaces are limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
Payment is due upon arrival for a program. Further payment details will be sent to you when we have received your application.
Payment options are as follows:
- Credit Cards: Visa and Mastercard (American Express and Diners Club are not accepted)
- Wire transfers: payment should be made to the University of Notre Dame and clearly indicate the name and/or organization of the sending party for tracking and accounting purposes. Do not address the wire transfer to Tantur Ecumenical Institute. Payment will normally take 5 to 10 working days. Transfer fees are the responsibility of the party issuing payment.
Please note: we can no longer accept payments by cash or check.
There is no deadline for applications, but we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Each application will be considered until a program is full, and may be placed on a waiting list thereafter.
*A special note on visas: depending on your citizenship, you may need an advance Israeli visa to travel to Jerusalem. Please apply at least 90 days prior to the start of the program as this process can be lengthy, especially in late summer or early fall. For information on applying for a visa, please check with the Israeli embassy or consulate in your country of citizenship.