June & JulyApply
- June 2023 Program: May 31st – June 28th, 2023
- July 2023 Program: July 2nd – July 29th, 2023
- Starting June 2024, both programs will be merged as one Five-Week Program:
- June 16th – July 20th, 2024
Our June and July sabbatical programs include all the elements listed in the Tantur Experience. Reading Days (days without program-scheduled events) enable participants to visit sites not included in the program, enjoy Tantur’s extensive library, or select other activities of their choice. Because the time is relatively short, participants on these programs are often more imaginative and enterprising in organizing side trips and other activities to get the most out of their time in the Holy Land.
Click here to view the June-July Sample Itinerary.
**Please keep in mind that this year's offerings may be adjusted according to Covid restrictions, quarantine, and group size limitations.**
Program fees include your room, all meals (including on overnight trips), all lectures and excursions, and all program related tips. There is no price reduction for missed meals, although simple packed lunches/dinners can be made in such cases.
2023 program fees
- Single Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur & Single Room on trips $6,474
- Couple or roommates registering together, Double OR Twin Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur and on Trips $4,948 (price per person)
Apartments are non available for CEP Participants.
The first and the last days of this program are meant to be travel days for arrival or departures. If you wish to arrive earlier or depart later than these transitional days, you may do so, space permitting, for an additional per-day fee. Our Reservations Office will endeavor to keep visitors in the same room throughout their stay. If you wish to extend your stay before and/or after your program, please contact Program Director, Nizar Halloun as soon as possible after acceptance to the program.
You will have some free time to explore the region at your own cost. Please budget for these opportunities and other personal expenses accordingly. Each participant should also have adequate medical insurance during their stay.
Accommodation on Overnight Trips
Please note that the price of programs is based on a shared room basis (two to a room) on overnight trips away from Tantur. Those who would prefer a private room, may request one at additional cost. These spaces are limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
Payment is due upon arrival for a program. Further payment details will be sent to you when we have received your application.
Payment options are as follows:
- Credit Cards: Visa and MasterCard (American Express and Diners Club are not accepted)
- Wire transfers: payment should be made to the University of Notre Dame and clearly indicate the name and/or organization of the sending party for tracking and accounting purposes. Do not address the wire transfer to Tantur Ecumenical Institute. Payment will normally take 5 to 10 working days. Transfer fees are the responsibility of the party issuing payment.
Please note: we can no longer accept payments by cash or check.
There is no deadline for applications, but we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Each application will be considered until a program is full, and may be placed on a waiting list thereafter.
*A special note on visas: depending on your citizenship, you may need an advance Israeli visa to travel to Jerusalem. Please apply at least 90 days prior to the start of the program as this process can be lengthy, especially in late summer or early fall. For information on applying for a visa, please check with the Israeli embassy or consulate in your country of citizenship.