- November 13-23, 2021
Tantur Ecumenical Institute offers an eight-day guided retreat on its campus in Jerusalem, based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. This retreat allows you an opportunity to pray in silence and meditate within the physical context of the Holy Land. During periods of private reflection and prayer, you can make use of Tantur’s garden and surrounding olive groves. You will also have time for personal journeys to local pilgrimage sites and Christian places of worship within the Jerusalem-Bethlehem area.
Program fees include your room, all meals, all lectures and excursions, and all program related tips. There is no price reduction for missed meals, although simple packed lunches/dinners can be made in such cases.
2021 program fees
Please note all prices are in US Dollars (USD)
- Single Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur: $1,833
- Single Room with shared facilities (bathroom shared with adjacent and connecting room) at Tantur: $1,648
- Couple or Roommates Registering Together, Double OR Twin Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur: $1,545 each
2022 program fees
- Single Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur: $1,889
- Single Room with shared facilities (bathroom shared with adjacent and connecting room) at Tantur: $1,697
- Couple or Roommates Registering Together, Double OR Twin Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur: $1,591 each
The first and the last days of this program are meant to be travel days for arrivals or departures. If you wish to arrive earlier or depart later than these transitional days, you may do so, space permitting, for an additional per-day fee. Our Reservations Office will endeavor to keep visitors in the same room throughout their stay. If you wish to extend your stay before and/or after your program, please contact Program Director, Frederic Masson as soon as possible after acceptance to the program.
You will have some free time to explore the region at your own cost. Please budget for these opportunities and other personal expenses accordingly. Each participant should also have adequate medical insurance during their stay.
Payment is due upon arrival for a program. Further payment details will be sent to you when we have received your application.
Payment options are as follows:
- Credit Cards: Visa and Mastercard (American Express and Diners Club are not accepted)
- Wire transfers: payment should be made to the University of Notre Dame and clearly indicate the name and/or organization of the sending party for tracking and accounting purposes. Do not address the wire transfer to Tantur Ecumenical Institute. Payment will normally take 5 to 10 working days. Transfer fees are the responsibility of the party issuing payment.
Please note: we can no longer accept payments by cash or check.
There is no deadline for applications, but we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Each application will be considered until a program is full, and may be placed on a waiting list thereafter.
*A special note on visas: depending on your citizenship, you may need an advance Israeli visa to travel to Jerusalem. Please apply at least 90 days prior to the start of the program as this process can be lengthy, especially in late summer or early fall. For information on applying for a visa, please check with the Israeli embassy or consulate in your country of citizenship.