- 2021 program cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions
- February 16th – March 29th, 2022
More Than a Pilgrimage
The Six-Week program includes all of the elements mentioned in the Tantur Experience. This program is designed to allow participants to have an extended encounter time in the Holy Land during a period with fewer tourists and a cooler climate, and yet still have all the excitement and activity of our summer One-Month Continuing Education Programs.
**Please note that, due to Covid restrictions, we will not be able to visit the Sinai as part of this experience.**
A special component of the Six-Week program is a "wilderness experience" into the Negev Desert as well as Sinai. Other excursions include an extended time in Galilee, opportunities to meet Palestinian Christian families (some of which trace their roots back to apostolic times), see village life and experience the proverbial Arab hospitality.
While the Six-Week program offers its participants an engaging schedule, it still allows time for personal reflection, rest, and spiritual renewal, and some free time for exploring on your own or with others in the Six-Week community.
This program's length and content make it a popular choice for many clergy, members of religious communities, and academic/educational professionals on sabbatical.
Program fees include your room, all meals (including on overnight trips), all lectures and excursions, and all program related tips. There is no price reduction for missed meals, although simple packed lunches/dinners can be made in such cases.
2022 program costs
Please note all prices are in US Dollars (USD)
- Single Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur & Single Room on Trips:$9,112
- Single Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur & Shared room on Trips: $8,580
- Single Room with shared facilities (bathroom shared with adjacent and connecting room) at Tantur & Single on Trips: $8,353
- Single Room with shared facilities (bathroom shared with adjacent and connecting room) & Shared on Trip: $7,823
- Couple or Roommates Registering Together, Double OR Twin Room (with private bathroom) at Tantur and on Trips $6,644 each
The first and the last days of this program are meant to be travel days for arrival or departures. If you wish to arrive earlier or depart later than these transitional days, you may do so, space permitting, for an additional per-day fee. Our Reservations Office will endeavor to keep visitors in the same room throughout their stay. If you wish to extend your stay before and/or after your program, please contact Program Director, Frederic Masson as soon as possible after acceptance to the program.
You will have some free time to explore the region at your own cost. Please budget for these opportunities and other personal expenses accordingly. Each participant should also have adequate medical insurance during their stay.
Accommodation on Overnight Trips
Please note that the price of programs is based on a shared room basis (two to a room) on overnight trips away from Tantur. Those who would prefer a private room, may request one at additional cost. These spaces are limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
Payment is due upon arrival for a program. Further payment details will be sent to you when we have received your application.
Payment options are as follows:
- Credit Cards: Visa and Mastercard (American Express and Diners Club are not accepted)
- Wire transfers: payment should be made to the University of Notre Dame and clearly indicate the name and/or organization of the sending party for tracking and accounting purposes. Do not address the wire transfer to Tantur Ecumenical Institute. Payment will normally take 5 to 10 working days. Transfer fees are the responsibility of the party issuing payment.
Please note: we can no longer accept payments by cash or check.
There is no deadline for applications, but we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Each application will be considered until a program is full, and may be placed on a waiting list thereafter.
*A special note on visas: Depending on your citizenship, you may need an advance Israeli visa to travel to Jerusalem. Please apply at least 90 days prior to the start of the program as this process can be lengthy, especially in late summer or early fall. For information on applying for a visa, please check with the Israeli embassy or consulate in your country of citizenship.