Six Week SabbaticalApply
- September 2nd - October 12th, 2021
- September 5th - October 15th, 2022
More than a pilgrimage...
The Six-Week Sabbatical program is the first part of our Three Month program and includes all of the elements mentioned in the Tantur Experience. This program is similar to the Six Week Program held earlier in the year. It is designed to allow participants to have an extended encounter time in the Holy Land, and enjoy the excitement and activity of our summer One-Month Continuing Education Programs.
The Six-Week Sabbatical offers its participants a schedule which allows time for personal reflection, rest, and spiritual renewal, and some free time for exploring on your own or with others. This program's length and content make it a popular choice for many clergy, members of religious communities, and academic/educational professionals on sabbatical.
Excursions on the Six-Week Sabbatical include an extended time in Galilee, opportunities to meet Palestinian Christian families (some of which trace their roots back to apostolic times), see village life, and experience the proverbial Arab hospitality.
Program fees include your room, all meals (including on overnight trips), all lectures and excursions, and all program related tips. There is no price reduction for missed meals, although simple packed lunches/dinners can be made in such cases.
2021 program fees
Please note all prices are in US Dollars (USD)
- Single En Suite Room at Tantur & Single Room on Trip: $7,847
- Single En Suite Room at Tantur & Double Room on Trip: $7,330
- Single Single Room at Tantur & Single Room on Trip: $7,110
- Single-Single at Tantur & Double Room on Trip: $6,595
- Couple or Roommates Registering Together, Double Room at Tantur and on Trips: $5,450 each
2022 program fees
- Single En Suite Room at Tantur & Single Room on Trip: $8,080
- Single En Suite Room at Tantur & Double Room on Trip: $7,550
- Single Single Room at Tantur & Single Room on Trip: $7,520
- Single-Single at Tantur & Double Room on Trip: $6,790
- Couple or Roommates Registering Together, Double Room at Tantur and on Trips: $5,610 each
The day before and day after the program dates are transitional days for participants to rest from their travel and prepare to leave. The above rates include your room and meals on those dates, and you may check in or out at any time during the day.
If you wish to arrive earlier or depart later than these transitional days, you may do so, space permitting, for an additional per-day fee. Our Reservations Office will endeavor to keep visitors in the same room throughout their stay. If you wish to extend your stay before and/or after your program, please contact Program Director, Frederic Masson as soon as possible after acceptance to the program.
You will have some free time to explore the region at your own cost. Please budget for these opportunities and other personal expenses accordingly. Each participant should also have adequate medical insurance during their stay.
Payment is due upon arrival for a program. Further payment details will be sent to you when we have received your application.
Payment options are as follows:
- Credit Cards: Visa and Mastercard (American Express and Diners Club are not accepted)
- Wire transfers: payment should be made to the University of Notre Dame and clearly indicate the name and/or organization of the sending party for tracking and accounting purposes. Do not address the wire transfer to Tantur Ecumenical Institute. Payment will normally take 5 to 10 working days. Transfer fees are the responsibility of the party issuing payment.
Please note: we can no longer accept either checks or cash payments.
There is no deadline for applications, but we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Each application will be considered until a program is full, and may be placed on a waiting list thereafter.
*A special note on visas: depending on your citizenship, you may need an advance Israeli visa to travel to Jerusalem. Please apply at least 90 days prior to the start of the program as this process can be lengthy, especially in late summer or early fall. For information on applying for a visa, please check with the Israeli embassy or consulate in your country of citizenship.