Hakimah: An exciting new educational program of Tantur Ecumenical Institute
Tantur Ecumenical Institute is proud to offer a new Continuing Education Program entitled Hakimah.* Hakimah will explore the role of women in Jewish, Christian and Muslim texts and traditions. Participants will discover how women in the Holy Land continue to contribute to the cultural, political and spiritual realities they live in. Participants will also be invited to engage their own experiences and narratives into conversation with women of the Holy Land of the past, present and future. Hakimah is open to any and all who wish to deeply engage with women's realities in the Holy Land regardless of gender or religious affiliation.
*In Arabic, Hakimah means a wise woman. In Hebrew, Hokhmah means wisdom. In both Arabic and Hebrew, the word for wisdom is feminine.
Hakimah will be a mixture of text study, excursions, encounters with local women, and group discussion. The two weeks will be animated by the expertise of the Hakimah leadership team: Marcie Lenk, Huda Abu Arqoub, and Stephanie Saldana. A preliminary program syllabus (subject to change) can be viewed here: Hakimah 2020 Program Overview.
Hakimah 2020: Programming begins on the evening of Wednesday January 15th, 2020 and ends on Sunday, January 26th, 2020. We suggest participants arrive on the morning of January 14th and depart on January 26th (at no extra cost).
- Single En Suite Room at Tantur & Single Room on Trips: $3,315
- Single En Suite Room at Tantur & Double Room on Trips: $3,250
- Single-Single Room at Tantur & Single Room on Trips: $3,000
- Single-Single Room at Tantur & Double Room on Trips: $2,900
- Couple or Roomates Registering Together, Double Room at Tantur and on Trips: $2,850 each.
- All above rates includes 2 nights stay, one before & one after the program dates, tips and meals. No reduction for missed meals.
Rooming is limited at Tantur so if you wish to come before or stay after the listed dates, please get in touch with our Reservations Manager, Sandy Dides as soon as possible email@example.com, if you have received acceptance to the program. Program fees include your room, all meals, all lectures and excursions, and all program related tips. You will have some free time to explore the region at your own cost. Please budget for these opportunities and other personal expenses accordingly. Each participant should also have adequate medical insurance during their stay. If you have any questions, please contact us. Please note all prices are in US Dollars (USD).
Accommodation on Overnight Trips
Please note that the price of programs is based on a shared room basis (two to a room) on overnight trips away from Tantur. There is a private room single supplement for those who request a single room at additional cost. Please note that requests for single room accommodation for overnight trips are filled as available, on the order in which they are received. All meals are included on overnight trips.
Payment is due upon arrival for a program. Further payment details will be sent to you when we have received your application.
Payment options are as follows:
- The following credit cards are now accepted by Tantur: Visa and Mastercard. American Express and Diners Club credit cards are not accepted.
- Wire transfers are accepted. Coverage of wire transfer fees are the responsibility of the party issuing payment. Wire transfer payment should be made to the University of Notre Dame and clearly indicate the name and/or organization of the sending party for tracking and accounting purposes. Do not address the wire transfer to Tantur Ecumenical Institute. Payment will normally take 5 to 10 working days to reach our accounts. Please contact Sandy Dides for pertinent wire transfer information.
- In-person cash payments at the office of Tantur are acceptable in US Dollars only; we are unable to offer currency exchange services at Tantur.
Please note: Checks are no longer accepted by Tantur Ecumenical Institute.
Regardless of payment method (excepting cash), please confirm your payment transaction with our Reservations Manager, Sandy Dides. You can email Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have an email address Sandy can be contacted on 00972 2 676 0911(Ext 107) or faxed at 00972 2 676 0914.
The application process for Hakimah is separate from our other Continuing Education Programs.
Please fill out the application and return it via email to our Program Assistant, Rawan, at email@example.com. Please email Rawan if you have any questions or concerns about the application process or the program.
Help Share Hakimah
Help us spread the word about our new program. You can download a flyer about Hakimah here: Hakimah 2020.