On Sabbatical: Three-Month Program
- September 5th – November 30th, 2018
- 2018 Education Enrichment Weeks: Jewish Spirituality: October 14- 20; Engaging Ecumenism: October 21-27; Discovering Islam: November 4- 13
- September 4th – November 29th, 2019.
- 2019 Education Enrichment weeks to be announced.
- September 2nd – November 23rd, 2020
- 2020 Education Enrichment weeks to be announced.
The Three-Month program enables the participants the time needed for a more in-depth study of the various topics mentioned in “The Tantur Experience” as more classroom time is given to each topic. Various other relevant topics are included both in a classroom setting and after-dinner talks. Additional field trips to Christian villages in the West Bank, the Dome of the Rock, and Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem are arranged. Participants on this program are often invited to a Shabbat meal with a Jewish family following the Synagogue service. Towards the end of the course there is a free week (no lectures or trips organized) to allow participants to revisit favorite sites, arrange their own trips, or stay in Tantur to use the wonderful library. Most weeks have a Reading Day when no lectures or trips are scheduled. These, with the free week, are an established and valued feature of this longer course. They allow time to follow one’s own interest through reading, prayer, and/or visiting sites not included in the program.